It turns out, the secret to making the perfect chocolate chip cookies has been right in front of us ever since childhood: the Cookie Monster! Who knew, right? These Sesame Street character-themed chocolate chip cookies have been making the rounds on TikTok recently, and with the addition of blue food coloring and a lot of chocolate, they captured my attention right away. They're big, beautiful, and bright blue, so I knew I had to make them immediately, and they didn't disappoint!
The key to making these cookies is chilling the dough, using a lot of chocolate, and using even more blue food coloring than you might expect. I genuinely used about 40 drops and still couldn't quite get my cookies to match the same gorgeous shade in the video. Regardless, I'm thrilled with how they turned out, and will definitely be making these again.
These are big cookies, and they need to be in order to hold the Hershey's chocolate. The recipe calls for three squares of chocolate, but I only used two to make sure it would fit. I used a three-tablespoon cookie scoop to form the bottom circle of dough, added the chocolate, then topped it with another scoop of cookie dough and molded it to fit. Like I said, they're big cookies — I love chocolate but I could barely finish one by myself!
Once you have your monstrous balls of cookie dough assembled, the recipe calls for you to chill them for at least two hours, or overnight. I chilled mine for about nine hours, and they still spread a little bit when I baked them, so I recommend chilling overnight if you can.
The blue color makes it a little tricky to tell when they're done, so just watch for the tops of the cookies to set and the bottoms to brown, like in the photo above. Mine took about 25 minutes to bake and came out perfectly soft and chewy. The Hershey's chocolate in the middle gets nice and melty, and stays that way even after they've cooled.
These cookies are absolutely amazing, and they don't require any more work than a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe. I highly recommend channeling your inner Cookie Monster and making them ASAP.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp of vanilla
20-40 drops of blue food coloring
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 bars of Hershey's chocolate
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter on the stove or in the microwave. Let cool slightly, then add the brown sugar and white sugar and cream together.
- Add the egg and egg yolk, plus the vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Add blue food coloring to your liking.
- Mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until a dough forms, then add the white chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips.
- Form about ten balls of dough and stuff each with a few pieces of Hershey's chocolate. Chill for at least two hours or overnight.
- When the cookies are done chilling, bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Desserts, Cookies
- 10 giant cookies
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 39 minutes, 59 seconds