The moment I saw these gorgeous cookies on TikTok, I knew that I had to try them! And then the moment I learned they were made with blueberries, which basically makes them breakfast food, was just an added bonus.
These cookies get their blue (but also kinda purple?) hue exclusively from blueberries, so the color is completely natural. The blueberries are mashed in with creamed butter and sugar in place of eggs, but other than that step, the recipe is just like any other standard cookie. The texture is soft and delicious, and I swear these taste just like a blueberry muffin in cookie form. Plus, they're vegan! I'll definitely be adding these to my regular cookie rotation.
To make this recipe, you'll start by creaming the butter and sugar together, then mashing in the blueberries at high speed. An electric mixer is a must for this recipe! I mixed mine for a few minutes and only had a few blueberry pieces remaining.
Then, you'll add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and combine until a soft dough forms, followed by the white chocolate chips. I highly recommend chopping the white chocolate into smaller chunks so that you can taste it throughout the cookies. Just look at that gorgeous dough!
The dough will be very soft, so you'll need to freeze it for half an hour before rolling it into balls. It will still be soft but stiff enough to work with.
Thankfully, these only take 10-13 minutes to bake (10 was perfect for me), so you don't have to wait too long to enjoy them. The color makes it a little tricky to tell when they're done, so take them out when the bottoms are starting to brown. Enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup unsalted vegan butter, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips, chopped
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Meanwhile, thaw the frozen blueberries in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until soft and jammy.
- Add the blueberries to the butter and sugar and beat at high speed for a few minutes until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture to the dough and mix to combine.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and freeze the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Shape the dough into 12 balls (about two tbsp of dough each) and bake for 10-13 minutes, until the bottoms start to brown.
- Serve warm or cold - they're equally good either way!
- Desserts, Cookies
- 12 cookies