You know when you're enjoying sipping on your pumpkin spice latte and you think, "Man, I wish I could just eat this!" No? Never? Well, if the thought never crossed your mind before, it definitely will now, thanks to TikTok user Lahbco (@lahbco), who recently posted a mouthwatering video tutorial on how to make pumpkin spice latte bread. Once I spotted it, I couldn't wait to try it myself, and let me tell you, I'll never look at a PSL the same way again.
The recipe calls for a mighty list of ingredients, but considering the whole process only takes about five steps and will leave your kitchen smelling like a legit bakery, we aren't complaining.
First things first, combine all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix. Then do the same with the wet ingredients. Spoiler alert: you're already halfway done.
Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just incorporated. And make sure you're lining your baking sheet with parchment paper as it makes transferring your baked loaf from the pan to a plate much easier.
Pop that loaf in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes at 350°F.
I added 2 1/2 tablespoons of coffee to my glaze and still found it to be quite thick. For a more runny glaze, I recommend three to four tablespoons of coffee.
While I would give this recipe a thumbs up, I do think there's room for improvements. For the next round, I would omit the mashed banana all together and replace it with more pumpkin. Maybe add a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon, or maybe both. The recipe didn't specify how much pepitas or brown sugar, so it was kind of a guessing game. Looking back, I would do less pepitas and amp up the brown sugar to 1/4 cup. And this last change is just a personal preference, but I absolutely loved the coffee glaze and could have definitely used more! Increasing each ingredient by at least a half should do the trick.
Overall, this PSL bread is so fluffy, moist, and rich in flavor and I can't wait to make it again!
The amount of pepitas and brown sugar are up to your discretion, but I recommend a small handful of pepitas and 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- For the Loaf:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup mashed banana
1/4 cup oat milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 flax eggs
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 inches fresh ginger, grated
Pepitas and brown sugar for topping
- For the Glaze:
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 tablespoons coffee
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir all wet ingredients until incorporated. Fold in dry ingredients into wet mixture until evenly combined. Don't over mix or else the loaf will be too dense.
- Pour mixture into a parchment lined 9x3 loaf pan. Then top with pepitas and sprinkle brown sugar.
- Bake loaf for 40-50 minutes. Note: the loaf will rise so it's best to place it on the middle rack. You may need to remove the top rack for extra spacing.
- When the loaf has about 10 minutes left, combine all glaze ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until it has a thick consistency. Once your loaf is fully baked, remove from the oven and immediately drizzle the coffee glaze over. Let the loaf sit for 5-10 minutes before digging in!
- 6 servings
- Prep Time
- 12 minutes
- Cook Time
- 45 minutes
- Total Time
- 56 minutes, 59 seconds