There's something special about fall appetizers that can make our stomachs growl in excitement from months away. The seasonal flavors are sweet, savory, and delicious, and creating the perfect fall-inspired spread is all we really care about when it comes to autumnal menus. While pumpkin seeds and cornbread muffins are always a treat, there's a new appetizer option that's not only delicious but also super cute! Thanks to the TikTok account @socialspreads, fall foodies now have a new dish to add to their table — pumpkin-shaped baked brie! This drool-worthy creation is super easy to make, and it pairs well with any and all seasonal charcuterie boards. Made with just a couple of ingredients and a dash of creativity, this cheese-filled pastry puff is sure to make anyone's taste buds swoon. If you want to make your fall menu complete, just follow this easy recipe and get ready to enjoy the cheese wheel of your dreams.
The TikTok says to use almond butter, but the correct ingredient is pumpkin butter.
- 1 puff pastry
1 tablespoon pumpkin butter
1 wheel brie cheese
1 tablespoon milk
- Take the pastry puff out of its wrapping, and spread a spoonful of pumpkin butter in the middle of it.
- Then, place a wheel of brie cheese on top of the pumpkin butter.
- Cut the pastry puff into a circle, and get rid of the excess.
- Then, wrap the brie in the puff pastry and pinch to seal.
- Tie 6 pieces of baker's twine evenly around the brie.
- Make the egg wash by combining 1 egg (or egg whites) with a tablespoon of milk or water. Whisk the mixture until it's well-combined.
- Flip the brie pumpkin over, and cover it in the egg-white wash.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baker's twine, and add sage leaves on top.
- 1 Brie Pumpkin
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 24 minutes, 59 seconds