Two words: cookie fries. That's it. That's all we needed to hear to be instantly hooked. You too? OK, good. Walt Disney World's cookie fries, which you can find at Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at the Beach Club Resort, are not only delicious, they're also plant-based (so technically healthy, right?), and now you can make them at home whenever you need a sweet Disney fix!
The Disney Parks Blog shared the recipe for the plant-based cookie fries, and they're supersimple to whip up in your kitchen. Why not make a complete Disney-inspired dessert spread with the iconic churros, pineapple whip, or even cinnamon churro toffee? Sounds pretty sweet, right? Check out the recipe ahead, and get to cooking!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon plant-based margarine, softened
7 tablespoons warm water
5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute
1 tablespoon molasses
1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, and plant-based margarine in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- In small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in an 8×8-inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cut into 32 strips that are 1/4-inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
- Serve with your favorite plant-based chocolate, strawberry, and marshmallow dipping sauces.
- 32 fries
- Prep Time
- 40 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds