As a self-proclaimed baking aficionado, I love an effortless go-to dessert recipe, especially one that utilizes premade ingredients. And that's exactly why I can't get enough of these insanely delicious Cool Whip cookies, which — you guessed it — use Cool Whip as the main ingredient.
In addition to Cool Whip, the recipe also calls for boxed cake mix, one egg, and some powdered sugar. All you have to do is combine the ingredients in a large bowl, roll the dough into the powdered sugar, and bake the cookies for 13 minutes. (Note: you'll want to check on them every few minutes to ensure they're cooking through and are not liquid-y or falling apart when you poke them with a toothpick.) Also keep in mind that the larger your dough balls are, the longer they'll need to bake. For example, I like my cookies large and flat, so they took about 17 minutes total to bake.
Additionally, if you're not a huge chocolate-lover, don't fret: you can always swap out the devil's food cake mix for any other flavor your heart desires (including but not limited to Funfetti, vanilla, and lemon — the options are endless).
Once baked, the cookies have a rich, chocolatey taste thanks to the boxed cake mix. They are pretty sweet, but I wouldn't say they're overpowering or too over the top. For me, they were just the right amount of decadent! And the texture of the cookies varies slightly based on the size of your cookies. Since my cookies were large, they spread out a lot in the oven, which made them a little crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. If you make them smaller, they'll be a little chewier and fudgier.
Check out the full recipe ahead for more detailed instructions and tips, and enjoy!
I used sugar-free Cool Whip, but you can also use the regular variety.
- 1 container (8 ounces) Cool Whip
1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the cool whip, cake mix, and egg to a bowl and mix together.
- Pour the powdered sugar into a separate, smaller bowl.
- Use a spoon to drop the mixture into the powdered sugar and roll the dough into balls/circles.
- Bake for 13-20 minutes depending on the size of your cookies, checking every two minutes until cooked through.
- Top with more powdered sugar if desired, and enjoy!
- Desserts, Cookies
- About 13 large cookies (or approx. 21 medium-sized cookies)
- Total Time
- 9 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving