When it comes to making delicious cocktails, spring is one of the most flavorful times of the year — and you can indulge this coming season, even if you're avoiding alcohol. Instead, celebrate in style with this raspberry rhubarb CBD spritz. Bright pink and refreshing, this mouthwatering, spirit-free mixed drink is made with fresh raspberries, rhubarb syrup, lime juice, mint, and your favorite unflavored CBD tincture. With the perfect balance of both tart and sweet flavors, this easy-to-make spritz will become a springtime favorite.
If you're new to making CBD mixed drinks, there are many ways to infuse a beverage at home. For this recipe, you'll be using your cocktail shaker tin to effortlessly blend the CBD tincture into the other ingredients. Keep in mind, the more you vigorously shake, the better the CBD will mix into the liquids without separating out, so it's a fantastic technique to use when crafting infused drinks.
As a reminder, CBD (aka cannabidiol) by itself is nonintoxicating, so you will not feel high after consuming it. Due to its therapeutic properties, CBD is a wonderful addition to drinks because it delivers subtle notes of relaxation, without the side effects of alcohol. By using an unflavored CBD tincture to enhance this recipe, you can also customize your perfect dosage for an extra blissful beverage experience!
Ready to try this delicious spritz for yourself? Keep reading for the full recipe.
When crafting CBD drinks at home, I recommend starting on the lower side of the dosage range (between 10 to 15 milligrams of CBD per drink). Because you'll be infusing this recipe using your favorite unflavored CBD tincture, you could also start with the brand's recommended dose per serving and adjust up or down based on your personal preference.
- For the rhubarb syrup:
2 cups rhubarb, chopped into pieces
2 1/2 cups water
1 cup granulated sugar
- For the CBD spritz:
1/3 cup fresh raspberries
8 fresh mint leaves
1 1/4 ounces fresh-squeezed lime juice
1 1/2 ounces rhubarb syrup
1/2 dropper (or your preferred dose) unflavored full-spectrum hemp CBD tincture
Garnish with a rhubarb stalk, seasonal flowers, and a mint sprig and/or fresh-cut hemp leaves
- Begin by preparing the rhubarb syrup. Using a saucepan, heat the chopped rhubarb and water until it reaches a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low, then simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the water has absorbed most of the rhubarb's pink pigment. Remove from heat.
- Line a fine-mesh strainer with cheesecloth over a bowl, then pour the liquid through to separate the rhubarb solids from the pink liquid. Discard the cooked rhubarb.
- Add the rhubarb-infused water into a clean saucepan and begin to heat. Add the granulated sugar, then stir until all of the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, then let cool. Funnel the liquid into an airtight swing bottle and store in the refrigerator until fully chilled.
- Next, it's time to prepare the drink. Add the fresh raspberries into the bottom of a cocktail shaker tin. Smack the mint leaves, then add them to the shaker along with the lime juice. Gently muddle the ingredients to release the mint oils and raspberry juices (be careful not to tear the mint leaves or over muddle!).
- Add the rhubarb syrup, unflavored CBD tincture of your choice, and ice, then shake for 15 to 20 seconds or until cold.
- Fill an old-fashioned glass with fresh ice, then fine strain the liquid into the glass to remove the solids. Top with club soda, then stir using a bar spoon to combine.
- Garnish with a rhubarb stalk, spring flowers, and a mint sprig and/or fresh-cut hemp leaves, then enjoy!
- Drinks, Cocktails
- 1 Serving
- Total Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds