Circuit 1, Exercise 1: Squat to Overhead Press
- Start standing with your feet hip-width apart. Hold your dumbbells up by your shoulders, elbows tucked in and pointed forward, palms facing toward each other. Pull your core in toward your spine to keep it engaged.
- Looking directly forward and keeping your chest lifted, bend at both the hips and knees, ensuring that your knees remain in line with your toes. Continue bending your knees until your thighs are parallel with the ground. Ensure that your back remains within a 45- to 90-degree angle to your hips.
- Brace your abs and press through your heels to straighten your legs while simultaneously pressing the dumbbells overhead. Squeeze your glutes at the top and make sure the dumbbells are directly over your shoulders.
- Lower the dumbbells back to shoulder height as you come back into the squat.
- This counts as one rep. Repeat for 15 reps.