Peanut butter and chocolate is a classic combination and a flavor pairing we love. We've created a dairy-free, low-sugar peanut butter cup that rivals the original. Watch and learn how to make this tasty treat, then check out the recipe below. If candy is your craving, be sure to try our vegan take on the Twix bar.
- 2 cups vegan dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup organic creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon organic triple-filtered coconut oil, melted
2 1/2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Line the cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler set on medium-low heat.
- Spoon 1/2 tablespoon melted chocolate into each liner. Tilt the pan around to make sure the chocolate has covered the bottom of the liner evenly. Place the cupcake pan in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- In a clean bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt.
- After the chocolate has hardened, take the tray out of the freezer and spoon the peanut butter mixture evenly over the chocolate. Tap the pan several times on the counter to make the mixture as flat as possible. If the mixture is too hard, you can use the back of a spoon to help. Place the pan back in the freezer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and spoon 1 tablespoon melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter mixture. Tap the pan on the counter again to help even out the chocolate. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and return to the freezer to set for another 5 minutes. Remove the paper and enjoy immediately, or store in the freezer until ready to eat!
- Serves 12
- Total Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds