If you love the perfectly spiced taste of pumpkin pie, grab a can of pumpkin and bake these cookies! Soft, chewy, and under 100 calories, they're bursting with that fall flavor you crave but much healthier.
These seven-ingredient cookies are grain-free, so they're low in carbs and low in sugar, but they offer a decent amount of protein — three grams per cookie! Another bonus? Since this recipe is vegan, you can go ahead and lick the bowl clean!
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl, and mix until a smooth batter is formed. If adding the dark chocolate chips, fold them in now.
- Using a spoon, drop the batter onto the lined baking sheet and use the back of the spoon to spread them out into circles.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the edges are slightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely before using a spatula to remove from the baking sheet.
Here's the nutritional info from verywell for one cookie:
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American
- 20 cookies
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving