Sonia Rykiel Spring 2012
Sonia Rykiel channeled the '20s for its Spring collection under the new creative direction of April Crichton. Filled with happy yellow hues and pretty watercolor prints, Crichton created a beautiful mix of pleated dresses and gowns, silk culottes, and loose trousers. To temper the softness, high-placed slits added a subtle, sexy touch. There were also some patterned sweater knits and a sweet lace pant suit we'd like to wear to the office. Overall, an effortless, feminine collection perfect for work or play. More details from the beautiful show below.
- Trends: Pleats, high slits, midi hemlines, baggy trousers.
- Colors: Yellow, orange, red, tan.
- Key Look:The pleated dresses and skirts.
- Accessories: Lace-up flats and booties, metallic structured totes, shoulder bags, chic baseball-inspired caps.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who like feminine, yet polished pieces like Olivia Palermo.