2011 Fall New York Fashion Week: BCBGMAXAZRIA
BCBGMAXAZRIA is the first major show of Fashion Week, and the energy was high this morning. Kelly Rowland, Ashanti, and Maggie Rizer sat front row for a collection that promised to fulfill a "desire for simplicity" while providing "modern elegance." That translated into long, diaphanous dresses, many of which were backless or belted, soft layers, and a mostly neutral palette with a few pops of bright orange and purple. While the longer, looser proportions and turtlenecks didn't make for an overtly sexy show, there was a definite sensuality evoked through the sheer fabrics and the play of layers. FabSugarTV was able to chat with the designer behind the scenes, and here are the main highlights from the show:
- Trends: Clean, modest sensibility, tissue-thin turtlenecks, sculptural details like sheer panels, asymmetric hems, cutout shoulders, and colorblocking.
- Colors: Palette of neutrals: cream, beige, and navy, with pops of orange and purple.
- Key Look: Minimal silk dress worn with a thin turtleneck and boots.
- Accessories: '70s-style suede and leather boots.
- Who Would Wear It: Artsy types who crave simplicity and modest sensuality.