Marchesa Fall 2013 Runway
For their Fall 2013 collection, Marchesa designers Keren Craig and Georgina Chapman traveled East — Far East, to be specific. The fearless twosome offered up full-length ball gowns, mermaid-hem dresses, and modern tea-length styles in lustrous reds, silvers, and black duchesse satin. The avant-garde gowns were given an Asian-inspired spin with traditional Mao collars, sheer tulle balloon sleeves, and intricate gold-leaf embroidery and styled with triple-strap pumps and sleek side-parted updos.
- Colors: Black, white, maroon, silver, fuchsia.
- Key details: Mao collars, sheer sleeves, gold embroidery, tulle layers.
- Shoes: Triple ankle-strap heels, lace-up peep-toe booties.
- Beauty look: Deep side parts with slicked-back updos, pretty peach and berry-hued lip stains.
- Who should wear it: Classic beauties who aren't afraid to take red-carpet risks, like Naomi Watts, Anne Hathaway, and Kerry Washington.