Disneyland is ready for Halloween! This fall, both Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure will celebrate the spooky season from Sept. 3 through Oct. 31, bringing back classic themed parties and events that were canceled in 2020 due to the park's closure. Cue the characters in costumes, decorations galore, and attractions turned eerie.
Keep reading to see all that Disneyland will have to offer this Halloween season.
Disneyland's Halloween Festivities 2021
- Haunted Mansion Holiday: the already spooky attraction gets an extra Halloween twist thanks to festive touches inspired by The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Main Street Pumpkin Festival: visit the giant Mickey jack-o'-lantern as well as tons of hand-carved pumpkins.
- Halloween Screams: "Master of Scare-omonies" Jack Skellington and his dog Zero host this musical nighttime projection and special effects show that — on some nights — features fireworks.
California Adventure's Halloween Festivities 2021
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark: join Rocket at Avengers Campus as he attempts to rescue Groot in a Halloween adventure.
- Plaza de la Familia: in Paradise Gardens Park, "A Musical Celebration" of Coco will feature immersive festivities inspired by Día de los Muertos (it runs through Nov.2!).
- Luigi's Honkin' Haul-O-Ween: join Luigi as he hosts a Halloween dance party in honor of his favorite holiday.
- Mater's Graveyard JamBOOree: Mater and his pals are hosting a "Haul-O-Ween hoedown" featuring themed music.
- Costumed characters at Cars Land, or "Radiator Screams": see Lightning McQueen, Mater, and more in their Halloween costumes.
- Seasonal decor will be everywhere thanks to Oogie Boogie, and a 10-foot tall statue of the Headless Horseman holding his jack-o'-lantern head will sit on Buena Vista Street.
Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween Party Highlights 2021
On 25 select nights within the Halloween season, California Adventure will host the Oogie Boogie Bash. The separately ticketed event features:
- Early entry into California Adventure and limited-capacity after hours access;
- Immersive treat trails that bring guests into the worlds of various Disney villains (you can collect candy, too!)
- Characters in costumes, not-too-spooky decor and effects (bats will swarm the façade of Carthay Circle!), photo ops, and music;
- The Frightfully Fun Parade featuring characters from The Nightmare Before Christmas, Mickey and Minnie, the Cheshire Cat, the Haunted Mansion attraction ghosts, mischievous Disney villains, and more;
- An interactive music-filled stage show, Mickey's Trick & Treat, which invites guests to join Mickey and his pals for a costume party;
- Villains Grove, which turns the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail attraction into even more of the immersive worlds of Disney villains, such as Scar's Elephant Graveyard and the Queen of Hearts Garden.
Buy your tickets for the Oogie Boogie Bash beginning July 13!
Disneyland reopened to guests on April 30, with new capacity restrictions and guidelines in place to ensure the health and safety of staff and park goers amid the ongoing pandemic. If you're planning to purchase park tickets for the upcoming Halloween season (or in general), check out Disneyland's site for more information on its current policies.