2020 may have been the year that Taylor Swift came back sronger than a '90s trend, but I don't exactly remember rocking a life-sized bear costume with my jelly bracelets and butterfly clips. To ring in the new year and say farewell to 2020 once and for all, Taylor shared a photo of herself wearing a faux bear coat on Instagram. Yes, including the mouth, eyes, and nose. "Bye 2020, it's been weird," she captioned the post, which, while somewhat unsettling, also sort of makes a lot of sense.
Through the good and the bad, the "Well, this might as well happen" meme seemed to be applicable all year round, and this photo fits right in as weird, wonderful, and very 2020. As much as we appreciate (and deeply understand) the sentiment, Taylor, we can't help but ask a few questions about this particular photo:
- Long story short, we love this look but where did she get it?
- Also, why the heck was she wearing it in the first place?
- So, is that a coat or, dare I say, a cardigan?!
- Wait, is this a hint about her mysterious Woodvale album? BRB, scoping out clues!
- Is she wearing matching pants? And slippers?
- Can we expect a new music video with Taylor in this fantastic costume?
- Is this the new look of 2021? Should we all be wearing bear costumes right now?
- We love this look but why doesn't it come with paws?!
- Is or isn't this a hint at a new song? New album? New aesthetic? We can't bear to wonder any longer, Taylor!
Yeah, 2020 might have felt unbearable at times, but this photo was definitely a nice way to send off the year. Thanks, Taylor — it's been weird!